ECO-SPECIALISTS TOURS UGANDA LIMITED is a Tour/ Safari company registered by the Government of Uganda to conduct safari/tour and educational services to both national and international clients.
The company offers tailor-made Fascinating Recreational and Educational Packages for all visitor categories; ranging from Budget, Middle Class to Luxury. Safaris are arranged to different ecosystems in including National Parks, Forests, Water bodies, Cultural Sites, Communities and other destinations.
As the name suggests, Eco-Specialists Tour Company was promoted and run by a group of qualified and competent Eco-tour guides with an experience of over 10 years in site and safari guiding.
The promoters and staff of Eco-Specialists Tours boast of being the first choice national tour guides and managers.
- Specialty Bird watching packages (3 days – 21 days)
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking
- Nature Walks for leisure lovers
- Game Driving and Launch cruises
- Site seeing, White Water Rafting and Mountaineering
- Educational Tours / Environmental Education
- Transport services (vehicle hire)
- Accommodation Bookings
Uganda is a country of wonders in natural resources: consisting seven (7) out of the eighteen (18) ecological zones of Africa. These zones can be summarized in forms of: montane forests, lowland forests, water bodies, savanna grasslands, savanna woodlands, semi-arid zones and highlands (mountains).
The ten (10) National Parks, Game Reserves and other Protected Areas reflect the extra-ordinary diversity of the country’s natural resources. Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister during the Second World War period admittedly remarked that Uganda was indeed the “Pearl of Africa” because it has everything that appeases all categories of travelers.
During the recently concluded Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2007 held in Kampala, Uganda was crowned as a Country “Gifted by Nature”.
Uganda is located across the equator in Eastern part of Africa, bordered by Kenya (East), Congo DR (West), Tanzania (South), Sudan (North) and Rwanda (South-West). The biggest part of Lake Victoria, the largest inland water body in Africa, is found in Uganda.
In fact, Uganda is Africa condensed, with the best of everything the continent has to offer packed into one small but stunning destination. Uganda is home to the highest mountain range in Africa, the “Mountains of the Moon” - Rwenzori. It is the source of the Mighty River Nile, the world’s longest river, offering the best white-water rafting in the world. It has the highest concentration of primates in the world, including the majestic Mountain Gorillas and Chimpanzees the rarest animals on earth.
Our eco policy emphasizes the following:
- Having a balance among the three 3 pillars that make up Ecotourism i.e. the tourist, the local community and the resource (Environment)
Our company strives to see that:
- The eco-tourist gets value for money (client satisfaction)
- The eco-tourist activities pose low negative impacts on the environment and the local / host community
- The eco-tourists utilize the services offered by the locals near the Conservation areas like accommodation, crafts, cultural activities among others
- The local communities conserve the environment through sustainable practices
- The protected areas authorities remit a percentage of the gate collection to the local community as part of their obligation